7700 N. Broadway 67219
2013 AWARDS BANQUET: Sat. January 25, 2014 Cotillion Ballroom, Wichita, Ks.
2013 Hobby Stock Rules (10/01/12)
CAN BE A TWO (2) PERSON OR A ONE (1) PERSON CAR. If two person must follow same rules as one person.
Frame & Body
1. American passenger car only. No convertibles, pick ups or station wagon.
2. Rear wheel drive cars only
3. Stock frame, front to rear (NO altering frame in any way)
4. Bodies must remain intact w/ interior metal. (Doors, etc…)
5. One (1) loop bar or chain on front & back.
6. Hood & deck lid pins OK.
7. Numbers must be on both doors & top of car. Must be at least 4” thick & 20” high.
8. 108” min. Wheelbase
9. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on and strapped in driver’s seat.
1. 3500 lbs. w/ driver
2. Any added weight must be painted white with # on it.
1. Modified 4 point steel cage mandatory
2. 1 ½ diameter; .095 wall with gussets as needed welded to (4) 4x4 plate bolted to floor
3. Bars may pass thru firewall forward or rear
4. 3 door bars inside the driver’s door mandatory
5. Galvanized aluminum or exhaust tubing is not permitted
6. Approved padding must be used at any point where driver contact might occur
7. Maximum number of places roll cage may be anchored to car is six (6)
8. All bars around drivers head must be padded for safety.
9. Must have minimum of one (1) cross bar in top halo of roll cage.
1. Helmets are required and must be a minimum of SA2005 with certification label inside helmet
2. Helmets must be worn at all times car is on track
3. SFI approved flame/fire retardant fire suits, gloves and shoes are mandatory
4. An approved head/neck restraint system is mandatory (Hans, G-force, Hutchens or SFI rated neck collar
5. Nomex underwear is highly recommended
6. Seat belts and shoulder harness cannot be more than three years old
7. The date of manufacture should remain visible at all times
7. A lever-type quick release latch must be fastened to the lap belt
8. All seat belts and shoulder harnesses must connect at the lap belt with a quick-release buckle acceptable to series officials
9. Recommended custom manufactured racing aluminum seats. NO OEM factory type seats allowed.
10. All seats should have padded rib protectors
11. All seats are required to have a head rest on the right side
12. All belts must be a minimum of three (3) inches wide
13. Belts must be bolted to the roll cage with no less than 3/8inch bolt
14. A center, crotch belt must be securely mounted to the lower seat frame at the bottom and to the lap seat belt on the top
15. Where the belts pass through the seat edges, it must have a grommet installed, be rolled, and/or padded to prevent cutting of the belt
16. Window nets are mandatory
17. Windshield must have three (3) bars in front of driver.
1. 12 gallon max fuel tank
2. Fuel cells are recommended
3. Must have screw or lock type cars
4. Must be securely strapped with a minimum of two 2”inch thick steel straps in trunk area
1. Stock only
2. Stock intake, cast iron ONLY, NO spacers
3. NO double pumpers Max CFM 750
4. Max. 410 c.i. ( NO Strokers)
5. GM on GM…Ford on Ford
6. Stock compression ONLY
7. Headers Ok
8. Stock Motor set back
9. Solid cam only. Max. lift 520
10. NO Angle plug, vortex heads
11. Cast OEM heads ONLY… NO head work!!
12. Stock rocker arms 1.5stock ratios must be maintained. Chevy rockers must have stock triangular insignia
13. NO aluminum pulleys
1. Stock NO altercations
2. OEM stock shocks in OEM mounts
3. Drive shaft hoop mandatory…painted white.
1. Quick release style only
2. Steering quickner ok
3. Steering box must remain in stock location
1. Stock rearends: locked rearend ok…welded only
Transmission, Clutch, Flywheels
1. Transmission must remain stock
2. Standard must have all working gears, stock OEM clutch, min. 11” flywheel & pressure plate.
3. Automatics must have all working gears with OEM working torque converter.
4. NO converters smaller than 10.5”
5. NO aluminum components
1. Gas ONLY....NO alcohol
1. Steel wheels only
2. Heavy duty studs and racing type lug nuts on all wheels
3. NO wheel spacers
4. Bead lock on right rear only
5. 8” max wheel size
6. Hoosier H500-8” tire max.
7. Any DOT tire available to the public through retail outlets
8. 255/60x15 max DOT size
1. All components must be steel OEM unaltered
2. All 4 wheels must have brakes (NO brake shutoffs)
3. Full OEM back plates ONLY
4. Master cylinder must be in OEM location
5. After market adjustable brake pedals ok;front to back ONLY
6. Brake line must be steel or visible.
1. One (1) 12 volt battery mounted securely & covered.
2. Batteries in cockpit must be fully enclosed
3. Stock ignition ONLY
4. Car must start & drive (NO push or pull)
5. OEM alternator with internal regulator OK. OEM- HEI or OEM point distributor ONLY with one (1) stock 12 volt coil. NO msd, accell, ect…
6. NO timing retard, voltage reduction or traction control of any kind.
Disclaimer: The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.