2014 Street Stock Rules (2/3/14)
No transmitting or listening devices in car except race receivers which ARE MANDATORY!! No exceptions! ZERO TOLERANCE!! NON WORKING OR LISTENING DQ!!!
1. Factory production complete full parallel American passenger car frames only
2. Stock stub no penalty; fabricated frame must add 150 lbs in front of motor plate.
3. Must be full and complete on both sides
4. No part of the frame may be lower than four (4) inches from the ground except front cross member
5. 106” minimum wheelbase with a 2inch tolerance.
6. Top tubular A-arms ok
7. Unibody frames may be tied together from front firewall to rear kickup
8. Kickups from rearend to rear bumper optional
9. All cars must have a front & rear hook-up devices such as a loop to assist wreckers
10. No mirrors
1. Car builders and driver/owners are responsible for roll bar installation.
2. Round steel tubing, seamless roll-over bars are required for the basic roll cage. Acceptable minimum size tubing is as follows: one and three-quarters (1 ¾) inches by 0.090 of an inch or one and one-half (1 ½) inches by 0.095 of an inch for mild steel and DOM tubing - one and three-quarters (1 ¾) inches by 0.083 of an inch for chrome-moly tubing). Aluminum and/or other soft metals are not allowed. Roll bar connections must be properly welded. Roll bar installation and workmanship must be acceptable to track officials.
3. Low carbon, mild steel tubing is recommended.
4. Must be frame-mounted in at least six places.
5. Must consist of a configuration of front and rear hoops connected by tubing on the sides or side hoops.
6. Driver’s head must not protrude outside cage with helmet on and strapped in seat.
7. Must have minimum of one cross bar in top halo of roll cage.
8. Roll cage must be securely supported and braced.
9. Bar across back of engine with vertical bars and rub rails, or similar protection.
10. No brace bars forward of cage may be higher than stock hood height.
11. Main cage no further forward than engine plate.
1. A minimum of three driver side door bars, at least 1.5-inch O.D., must be as parallel with the ground as possible and located perpendicular to the driver so as to provide maximum protection for driver, but without causing undue difficulty in getting into or out of vehicle.
2. The side bars must be welded to the front and rear of the roll cage members.
3. Must have at least one cross door bar, minimum 1.25-inch O.D., on passenger side of car, either horizontal or angled.
4. A minimum of 18 gauge steel doorplates welded from ‘A’ post to ‘B’ post top to bottom of the door bars will be required.
1. Bodies are expected to resemble late model type racecars
2. Fiberglass roofs and hoods are ok
3. Steel or aluminum bodies
4. Aftermarket nosepieces are allowed
5. Floor pan thickness must be 1/8” metal minimum.
6. 6 inch rear spoiler max, spoiler supports may not extend above or beyond spoiler.
7. Max of 4 supports may be used
8. Must have a minimum of 3 bars in front of driver-screen is optional
9. See diagram for body rules.
1. Helmets are required and must be a minimum of SA2005 with certification label inside helmet
2. Helmets must be worn at all times car is on track
3. SFI approved flame/fire retardant fire suits, gloves and shoes are mandatory
4. An approved head/neck restraint system is mandatory (Hans, G-force, Hutchens or SFI rated neck collar
5. Nomex underwear in highly recommended
6. Seat belts and shoulder harness cannot be more than three years old
7. The date of manufacture should remain visible at all times
7. A lever-type quick release latch must be fastened to the lap belt
8. All seat belts and shoulder harnesses must connect at the lap belt with a quick-release buckle acceptable to series officials
9. Only custom manufactured racing aluminum seats acceptable to officials
10. All seats should have padded rib protectors
11. All seats are required to have a head rest on the right side
12. All belts must be a minimum of three (3) inches wide
13. Belts must be bolted to the roll cage with no less than 3/8inch bolt
14. A center, crotch belt must be securely mounted to the lower seat frame at the bottom and to the lap seat belt on the top
15. Where the belts pass through the seat edges, it must have a grommet installed, be rolled, and/or padded to prevent cutting of the belt
16. Window nets are mandatory
17. Windshield must have three (3) bars in front of driver.
ALL CARS MUST USE MAX. 7800 RPM REV LIMITER CHIP. THIS MAY BE ACCOMPLISHED USING ONE, NON-ADJUSTABLE, 12 VOLT IGNITION BOX WITH ONE HIGH END REV LIMITER SETTING OR AN INTERNAL SETTING INSIDE BOX. MSD #8728 REV CONTROL OR MSD #8738 ADDITIONAL REV CONTROL BOX ALLOWED. PRESET CRANE #6000-6478 IGNITION BOX ALLOWED. NO ADDITIONAL IGNITION ACCESSORIES ALLOWED. ALL COMPONENTS MUST BE OUT OF REACH OF DRIVER, BUT ACCESSIBLE FOR INSEPECTION. NO MAGNETOS OR CRANK TRIGGERS.
1. No transmitting or listening devices in car
2. No electronic monitoring computer devices capable of storing or transmitting information except tachometers allowed on car
3. No digital tachs allowed
4. one 12volt ignition box allowed; must be located outside of cockpit in front of driver
5. No additional ignition accessories allowed
6. No timing retard controls allowed
7. No traction control devices
8. Any car suspected of running a traction control device due to unusual handling characteristics can be pulled out of competition and not allowed to race
9. No bundling of wires, all wires must be open and visible
Fuel accessories & Fuel
1. Fuel cells mandatory
2. Must have screw of lock type cap
3. Must be set in steel box with minimum 2 inch steel straps
4. Manual pumps only
5. No belt driven or electric fuel pumps
6. Racing gas or Alcohol only
7. No nitrous oxide
8. No pressure fuel systems
1. Max 410 cubic inch
2. No aluminum blocks or heads
3. No angle milling
4. Roller cams ok
5. Port and Polish ok
6. No magnetos
7. 23 degree heads only
8. No dry sump systems
9. No titanium engine parts allowed except valve retainers
10. Steel rods only
11. Headers with collectors pointed down or rear mandatory
12. One 2 barrel or one 4 barrel carburetor; 2 throttle return springs MANDATORY
13. Self starters only mounted in stock location
14. Engines maybe no further rearward than 4 inches from the #1 spark plug hole aligning with the centerline or the upper ball joint
1. Must be securely mounted and covered
2. Must be fully enclosed if in cockpit
Transmission & Driveshaft
1. Any manual four speed or standard three speed with full gears including reverse
2. Automatic is ok with stock appearing torque converter and in working condition
3. Any racing type transmissions OK
4. Driveshaft must be steel and painted white
5. Minimum driveshaft diameter is 2 inches
6. At least one driveshaft hoop made of at least ¼”x 2” steel and securely mounted to frame, cross member or floor pan
7. NO BALL SPLINE
Flywheel & Clutch
1. Pressure plates optional
2. No buttons
3. Multi-disc clutch ok
4. Must have steel scatter shield
1. Any passenger or half ton pickup rearend ok
2. Floater rearend ok
3. No quick changes
1. Four wheel brakes in working condition at all times
2. Adjustable brake pedals ok (front to rear only)
3. No scalloped rotors
4. No aluminum or titanium calipers
5. No aluminum or titanium rotors
6. Glowing brakes will not be allowed; you will be black flagged
Wheels & Tires
1. Steel wheels only
2. Beadlock on right rear only
3. NO Bleeder Valves
4. 10 inch wheel max
5. Hoosier 500 or Asphalt take offs
6. No softening or conditioning of tires allowed
1. 2 or 3 link suspension ok
2. Stock 4 links allowed in stock location with stock mounts and stock pan hard bar
3. Shocks do not have to be in stock location
4. Rear suspension must retain stock trailing arms in stock location and length
5. Weight jacks ok
6. One (1) extra shock and One (1) extra coil allowed on rear suspension
7. Must be leaf or coil cannot be both
8. All suspension parts must be visible on both ends
9. Pull bar or solid straight bars only
10. No torque arms allowed
11. All rear control arms & panhard bars MUST be straight. NO J-Bars. Panhard bar Min. 26” center hole to center hole. MUST BE BEHIND REAR END
12. No devices allowed of any kind that is designed to change wheel base of the car while in completion.
13. NO SLIDERS
1. Quick release style
2. Steering box location optional.
3. Rack and pinion OK
Shocks & Springs
1. One steel non-adjustable shock per wheel
2. No threaded body shocks
3. No front coil-over, air or remote reservoir shocks
4. Steel or composite leaf springs allowed
5. One coil and/or leaf spring per wheel only
6. Any coil spring minimum 4 ½ inches O.D.
1. Hoosier 500 must weigh 2600lbs minimum
2. Asphalt take-offs must weigh 2800 minimum
3. All bolt on weight must be securely mounted and painted white with car number on it
4. No bolt on weight inside driver’s compartment
Disclaimer:The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULTFROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.